Thread: Trans Ams
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM   #17
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Trans Ams

When I was a kid my dad was a car salesman, sometimes when something cool came in on trade he would drive it home.

He brought home a sweet Trans Am one weekend, it was a red or maybe reddish orange, SD 455 with a 4-speed. He let me take it for a spin. Not a kind of car I was used to driving. So fun haha!

I asked if I could go over to a friends house with it and then over to our female friends place. He said sure, be careful, dont goof off with it and dont go up to Colby (the cruising place at the time).

Went over to my buddys and grabbed him. Went over to the girls place and grabbed them. From there we went straight to Colby, about five miles away.

I beat the heck out of that car. Up on Colby I was one of the cool guys, finally lol. Unfortunately when I was banging gears something happened to the shift linkage and it got stuck in second gear. I had to limp it back to my town, drop my friends off and limp it home. My dad asked if I had fun. Yeah it was ok but when I left my friends house something happened to the shifter so we couldnt really mess around too much. Im not sure what he did but he fixed it pretty easily.

I wish I had money back then, it was a car I would love to have had. Oh well heh.

On a side note, my guess is dad knew what we were up to the whole time. As a father of two sons (both in their 40's now) I knew what they were up to most of the time. Probably not PC anymore but boys will be boys when it come to cars. Just hope they have at least a little sense.