View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 11:47 AM   #6
Sheepdip

Re: In-N-Out Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
dang that stinks!

maybe they'll move it to the midwest

Rising crime risks turning Oakland into a ‘ghost town.’ Newsom is sending in reinforcements

In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first time ever, saying that its Oakland location will soon shutter because of car break-ins, property damage, theft, and armed robberies targeting employees and customers.

An exterior view of an In-N-Out in Oakland last month. In-N-Out is closing this location, citing crime. Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

WoW look at those stats in first paragraph;

New York
CNN

Violent crime and other felonies fell in 2023 in America’s biggest cities. They increased in Oakland.

Robberies grew 38% last year in Oakland, according to police data. Burglaries increased 23%. Motor vehicle theft jumped 44%. Roughly one of every 30 Oakland residents had a car stolen last year, according to a San Francisco Chronicle analysis.
Last year a friend I've known since high school went to Oakland Airport to pick up his wife, he was early and he spotted a Starbucks earlier so he decided to go wait there.

When he parked he said I barely shut my truck off and a car with 3 guys pulled in behind him blocking him in, 2 jumped out, they ran to his driver window with a gun the other busted his window out with a baseball bat, the guy with the bat then jumped in the back of his pickup busting the rear window out. They got his wallet with about $400 in it credit/gas cards and a small bag in the rear seat.
Sheepdip is online now   Reply With Quote