View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 11:47 AM   #5429
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

this story happened in the last couple of days but started back in the fall,i sold an old 1956 DeSoto Hemi engine i had cause i have 2 and didn't see building anything with one, so one was sold.i planned to buy myself a new TIG welder but decided before Christmas,to buy tickets to go to Toronto and see The Raptors play basketball ball and surprise my wife?a fella can't have too many brownie points you know?Christmas came,she unwrapped the tickets and wouldn't you know it,i was a pretty popular boy.i love when a plan comes together.the game was Friday night,March 22nd so we left home early,drove a couple hours to the Halifax Airport and off we went to Toronto,arriving a couple of hours later.i was born in Toronto but left about 60 years ago when i was just a kid,my Dad was in the bakery business and got transferred all over the place so it's always a shock to the system to arrive back in the big city,leaving this little place we live now with about 500 people.the hustle and bustle is fine for some folks i'm sure but my neck got sore trying to see the tops of the buildings?unreal.we stayed at a little Airbnb place close to the CN Tower,the ScotiaBank Arena where the Raptors play and we could walk everywhere as we didn't have wheels.all good.anyway the game was exciting but they lost,not playing so well right now,lots of strange sights to see in the stands and of course,thousands of people there and we have to have a couple obnoxious drunks behind us?then we found out,2 guys right beside us from Halifax,Nova Scotia and 3 women behind us from Cape Breton Island,Nova Scotia.amazing.i think my brownie point account is in good standing for a while.our first NBA game was exciting,lots to see in the city.we took the train from the Airport to Downtown and then back to the Airport and i got a big kick out of Union Station.it's over 100 years old,started before WW1.i wished i took more pictures and i'm sure i was there many times when i was a kid and when my Dad,a 17 year old kid left this little town about 1950 for Toronto for work,alone and with a Corn Flakes box full of sandwiches his Mom made for him and a few bucks in his pocket,he would've gone into Union Station.i loved it and could've wandered around there for days i'm sure.all in all,a good time but i must say,i enjoy the view from our front window here at home,more than i enjoyed the view from the window of out Airbnb.all good and i'm sure we'll go do it again and i'll get a Tig welder one of these days?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote