View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 02:05 PM   #5494
tutone

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
What I did yesterday, in the rain, was go cross-county to look at some chestnut floor sleepers (super heavy joists) from a barn a guy was selling. They came from a barn that had been torn down. My friend (Don) and upholstery guy has a garage he built from a dismantled log house that needs some wall repairs. A couple 12' lengths were probably not good enough to use when he built it. The corner where they interlock with the back wall is really bad and I had been figuring to re-enforce that with steel.

These chestnut pieces are 15'+ and he had 7. He wanted $100@ which was a killer deal and the reason I got there ASAP. I called Don to see if he could get on over, what they cost, and to make him an offer for all 7. He came and gave $500 for all. Now I can do a proper repair off both walls...and hopefully have some leftover for me

The rotted area is behind the flag
Attachment 2348026
Attachment 2348027
Attachment 2348028

First of all, yes I'm trying to get the place ready for listing for sale. But I'm probably no closer than I was back when I posted what you saw. I need to do my upper roof and work in my cellar. Everything in between is good

For me, I'm about the same distance from the Chesapeake Bay as you were from the ocean. And that's where a lot of seafood comes from. But farther inland we have some of the best fresh seafood markets. I'll be moving farther inland, closer to or in the mountains. My daughter and her family are moving back from Little Rock to Harrisonburg, VA. So maybe somewhere closer to there.
I love that garage, wished I had one at the farm just like it.
I built a bathroom door over the last couple of mornings for the project. I donated a set of antlers for handles. Saloon style , the way they open.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote