View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 10:24 PM   #5508
Willowrun

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
With the building being log it makes it self-supporting for the spans we will be removing. On the gable end (non bearing) I'll be removing from the door to the corner. At the door is the center beam for the floor. So I'll get a post under that, one on the inside corner under the floor framing, and on the back at the window also under the floor band board. It's fairly simple compared to studded walls.

I propped my post & beam barn up on temporary posts & beams inside, cut the posts of the barn off, poured stem walls 32'' offset from where the barn stood, and moved it over onto the new stem wall. That had a second floor with oak flooring. That took some forethought and planning, but it went very smoothly, without a hitch. I like a challenge
Always enjoy the projects you tackle. Coming from a manufacturing background it's interesting to hear about carpentry/building type stuff since I've never done it other than small odd jobs around the house and the occasional help build a pole barn/roof a house type projects. The barn repair is very cool. Don't see barns like that in MI.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote