View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 06:39 PM   #40
kwmech

Re: Longhorn trucks - what were the options

Resurrecting this longhorn thread. Finally getting around to finishing this truck and get it on the road. Been a lot of work for the past 14-15 years...um yeah. Anyways that's what happens with too many irons in the fire. Getting to the point, I am working on the history of this thing and trying to get info and a comparable vin I can work with. Back story on that. I found this truck in a wrecking yard that a friend of mine USED to own and got all the appropriate paper work. Truck originally was a '68 flat bed that was a flatbed (133'') that was abused. Coincidently on top of that, 1 row over was a longhorn with the front end flattened out by a tree. Move the bed over with the front mounts and haul it home. Cab on the flat bed had severe rust and the yard (my buddy) gave me another complete cab for free that had AC. I had saved the VIN plate from the flat bed. Now I wish I could find it. So what I have now is a 1 ton truck with a VIN rating this thing at 5000 lbs. Anybody have an idea how I can get this thing registered? I know I'll have to get a VIN verifier.........already have a phone number. But I know that absence of a plate is going to screw things up.
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote