View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 01:30 AM   #30
67 twins

Re: HO 52/ HO 72 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler94 View Post
You're right about ring an pinions being basically unavailable. I'm not positive anymore but I think I saw on an offroad forum that I'm on that maybe someone was making gear sets for them again. In the rock crawling world people still love these axles, and do everything they can to buy and save them, for posterity of nothing else. They have all the strength, if not more, than a 14 bolt. Drop out third member like a Ford 9 inch, and better ground clearance. There is a whole thread that's basically a plethora of information about these axles, but I'm not sure on the rules for linking another forum in here, so I won't do that unless I'm told it's allowed.
I do know that some 14 bolt parts can be swapped into these axles, maybe even brakes, but I'd have to go back and read up on it again.
14 bolt brakes are an easy swap onto the HO52. Backing plates are a direct bolt on. Hubs need to be reamed for the larger studs that's about it. There are threads on here about it.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote