View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 10:25 PM   #8
TexasRedIron

4WD to 2Wd conversion

My son and I, a few years ago, did just what you are thinking of doing, but to a 72 4WD Blazer. It was much more simple than we thought. We aquired a 2 wd drive 72 PU x big block truck. There was very little to worry about except alignment of all change out major parts. At the time my son came up with a lowering kit, sorry i don't know what manufacture. He slamed it about 4" in rear and about 3" in the front. I was building a lot of stroker motors at that time, and we put in a 383. Tubed the bed, used a shorten 9 ", and went on. After getting all that done, before the paint, a fellow was passing through from Calif., saw it, and made what we THOUGHT was a great offer, so we sold it to him. It just had about 100 miles on it. Ran very strong, straight, and un-less you looked underneath VERY hard, you could not tell the difference. What was thw great offer. $6000. AHHHHHH not one of our smartist moves. The last time I heard, it is now up near Chicago and sold for $10,000+ with new paint. Oh well, my son found another 72 factory 2WD Blazer and swears that he will be buried in it.
TexasRedIron is offline   Reply With Quote