View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 01:58 AM   #7
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: 2003 Tahoe -- Driver Side Switch Panel Glitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
The mirror compass in my old 2000 Tahoe would sometimes quit working, but twisting the ends of the mirror in opposite directions somewhat aggressively would bring it back for a while. If I remember correctly, I believe I took it apart eventually and cleaned some contacts inside.

Sounds like maybe the door lock actuators are tired in your rear doors.
That whole truck is tired at 296,000. Maybe I should look for an automotive glue factory.
The Rear Doors Open when I put the Shifter into Park. That can be deprogrammed. But that level of 'witchcraft' is beyond me for now.

I can try twisting the mirror ends. Don't wanna break it.

One YT video suggested taking the PC board apart from under the main switch bank and cleaning the contacts. Advice varies from warm soapy water, to alcohol to a brass wire brush. These objects have more in common with AV remote controls than old automotive switches.

And apparently every one breaks the tiny plastic tabs on the door panel switch interfaces. There's a guy on EBay selling digitally printed repair boxes to rebuild your plastic clips.

The OEM replacement switch cost is inferred to be about $105. I need to get the LMC catalog for this vintage. If only for the exploded diagrams and descriptive nomenclature. I don't know what stuff is called.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote