View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 04:43 PM   #25
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Cab rust repair.

Well after looking over my door to door catch and over all cab fitment "in the pocket", I realized what my issues have been the entire time I been trying to align my door gaps and fitment of the door to the cab. Way back in 2004 high school senior year I had just got the truck. And I wanted to upgrade the stereo in it. I took it to local audio shop and dropped some serious coin, at least for part time working high schooler back then. a new kenwood deck and component speakers ran me $350. The stereo guy asked where do I want to mount the speakers naturally I said in the kick panels. You're not going to cut my doors! Ha ha. He agreed. But my choice was custom kick panels for $350. Or cut and fit the speakers in the kick panel metal for $180. Naturally I said the cheap way. Four hours later and a lot of loud banging and sawing from the back area they had my speakers installed in the kick panels. The pictures will explain how they customized the install.... can't believe I paid these guys and said ok thanks....
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote