View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 11:10 AM   #12
J01012814

Re: Story of an odd '71 C3500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Man, do I LOVE that truck! If you can keep it the way it is, paint wise, I'd let it show all its years of hard labor.

While mine doesn't have the family history of yours, it is a local truck to me. Purchased at the Chevrolet dealership in the town in which I currently live in September of 1967. Photo of when I got it and currently as it sits.
I like the patina look yours has as well. Funny how they all seem to wear in the same ways around the fenders and hood. I'd like to keep as much of it as possible but it does need the usual rust fixed in the cab corners and rockers. The bed does have some on the rear fenders. Someone welded in a 1/4in thick sheet of steel sometime before it came into my family.. some of the original wood is still under there and I'm hoping the bed strips are still salvageable as it's impossible to find anything bed related being reproduced for the 9ft. Here are some more pics of the bed from the side.. it's crazy how much difference there is between the step length from the short bed on yours to this one
Attached Images

J01012814 is offline   Reply With Quote