View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 10:03 AM   #184
Roostre

Re: Roostre's 1967 C20

I had a late night in the shop last night, but the floor is cut out of my cab. I started out with the wire wheel to figure out where the spot welds were on the 2 braces where they connect to the ones on the firewall. On mine, there were 4 welds on the sides and 2 welds on the bottom, but I don't think the side ones were holding on the driver's side. After drilling them out, I started cutting with the plasma cutter. In the front, I cut from inside the cab on either side of the transmission opening to where I had cut into the floor earlier to patch the fire wall. Then I moved to the back. I decided to cut from underneath because I wanted to leave the 2 supports that the cab bolts go into in place to help position the new floor. This meant I needed to cut out what was left of my rear support so I could get the plasma cutter in there. I got that cut and lifted on the cab. With some prying, and a little hammering, the floor came out. Now I need to cut the spotwelds and remove the little strips of floor I left at the seams. I did get some pictures, but not as many as I should have because I was on a roll and it was getting late.
Attached Images

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote