View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 08:03 PM   #1
jamyers

Modern Fuel Pump Module into an In-Bed Tank

So my son's 1969 BubbaTruck has a combo in-the-bed fuel tank and toolbox, and ever since we converted from a carb to EFI we've had an in-tank fuel pump and a marine fuel gauge sending unit - which worked fine until the Carter pump started whining loudly after just 3 years. Plus the cobbled-together electrical pass-through to get power to the pump wasn't the best.

A year ago I picked up a GM fuel pump module off an Amazon overstock auction site for something like $40 (instead of the $250 retail).

After taking a good look at it, I realized that it actually specced for an 04-07 Hummer H2 - but it has the same required psi rating (58-60 at the engine), plus it has a filter and 70psi regulator along with a fuel sending unit that I could make work. AND it's got good GM Weatherpack electrical bits, so I can stop worrying about the fuel pump power shorting out to the tank.

Here's a photo of the module in question, a Delphi FG0393.

On the top (made of steel) is the fuel outlet (the smaller tube), a vent (bigger one), plus the 4-pin electrocal connector (2 for the pump and 2 for the sending unit) and a GM fuel tank pressure sensor (which I don't need so I removed it and plugged the hole with a bolt and oring.)
Attached Images

jamyers is offline   Reply With Quote