View Single Post
Old 05-14-2024, 04:56 PM   #6
jamyers

Re: Modern Fuel Pump Module into an In-Bed Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
..On mine The bigger line had several branches off to vent and canister....no return line....mine was from 2005, fuel cartridge looks the same. I modified both my trucks ( Boyd tanks in both) to use OEM fuel pump cartridges. If you have baffles in the tank the fuel gauge float may get hung up.
Yup, apparently GM "got smart" and started putting the filter and pressure regulator inside the tank, so the regulator just dumps back into the tank and there's no extra return hoses.

The bigger outlet is vent, so yes no return lines (yay!)

From what I can tell, GM fuel injection all runs at roughly the same psi (60-70?), so my bet is that 99% of the fuel pumps, filters, regulators are the same, just the configuration changes.

Nice thing is that most aftermarket EFI's run the same pressures - our Holley Sniper runs at 60psi with its own regulator and return line, which I imagine are mostly redundant at this point. (btw, our fuel return is plumbed into the tank's threaded drain port, so any returning fuel goes straight to the bottom of the tank with no spraying.
jamyers is offline   Reply With Quote