View Single Post
Old 05-19-2024, 12:37 PM   #4
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: 44 years ago today, Mt St. Helens came unglued!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS View Post
I know there are a couple cars that have been pretty well stripped but still along some of the old roads around there.

Its finny how people still have ash in bottle around here. My one grandpa had buckets of it that he collected right after the blast. He was a heavy equipment operator and was one of the first ones into the area after the blast and worked to clear debris and get the rivers/streams flowing again and it was fresh ash he brought home. He never talked about finding anything like a body, they were all somewhat looking for ol Truman after he had made his stance to not leave the lake.
More stories and there a lot of them .. I was fishing on the Columbia river for salmon and this was days later after the Mountain blew ,, I pulled boards out of the river from houses that had been swept away ,,one had the metal track for a sliding closet door ..I got around 15 --2x4's nails and all. The boards came down the Toutle river into the Cowlitz river and then into the big Columbia River and then out to the Pacific ocean ..then after that the tides brought debre in and left a lot on the ocean beaches,, I cast my hook out and reeled the boards in as it was slack tide ..