View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 12:50 PM   #25
mr48chev

Re: C10 Insurance Opt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Only thing I didn't like about Hagerty is they would not come off of the 5K a year mileage limitation. Grundy is not unlimited like the commercials use to say but they agreed to the mileage limits I wanted, and was a tad cheaper than Hagerty. I had some friends that could not get classic or collectors just because it was a commercial (3/4 ton & above) vehicle.

They don't want one to be daily driving a vehicle insured as a "collector" vehicle but some of us can rack up a lot of miles in a year just going to a couple of bucket list events that are half way or all the way across the country or doing a long "vacation" hitting several events on a big long route over a number of weekends with sight seeing in between. My wife's family lives in Central Texas (Waco/Blanco) and one of my bucket list events is in Austin. That trip alone will but 5 K on the truck. It's no uncommon here in Washington to drive 150 miles plus one way to a one day event and the guys in Texas and Oklahoma will tell you they do 150 in the early morning before a breakfast stop on the way to a show.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote