Thread: Project Noah
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2024, 11:39 AM   #15
68Gold/white

Re: Project Noah

I have a 67 and 68, both came with enlarged weep holes...lol (rusted).

The tell tail weep hole will be the forward corner of the pass side front fender. Acid and rust usually always destroy that little well area. If yours is intact, clean it (first), clean it thoroughly and put some of that rust neutralizer down in there, then some paint. Do the same with rear cab corners and any other accessible wells...

Just the fact that your seat is original and in new condition is crazy!!!
Being a 71 it can only have disc brakes in front. That is a huge deal, no conversion needed. In good working order these brakes stop as good as any newer pickup on the road!!!
I, too like the "diving board" rear bumper, best part is that it's a factory installed!!!

Those hub caps look like thay would clean up nice after glass bead blasting, if not those are advertised for sale, here, all the time, they are plentiful and generally not expensive.

I wonder if a 292 with an automatic trans is very common...I really like that setup!!!

That looks like a great candidate to clean up and stay original. I favor that, as do many here, or clean it up and touch up the paint where needed.

Carry on!!!
Have fun!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote