View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 10:32 PM   #61
ed455
Captain Ed

I got a 400 in my 66 and I go in to get a timing chain. As someone has already mentioned there was not a truck with a 400 back then. They couldn't just get me a timing chain for a SBC, noooooooo . . . . I had to go through the year, make, model, etc crap. So I say, "try a 75 Caprice or some such, that will get you there" (who the heck knows what it came out of, I bought a bare block). I want a cloyes double roller, but his idiot computer tells him that it's not for an emmision controlled vehicle (high performance chain) like a timing chain is going to make a vehicle spew hydrocarbons into the atmosphere. I tell him it not in an emmision controlled vehicle. He says, "yes it is." and laughs condescendantly. I say, "No it's not, it's in a 66 pickup." He starts to type in 66 chevy c10. I roll my eyes and say, "you won't find it there." He frickin ignores me and keeps trying to look it up. The the brain donor tells me, "It can't be a 400, they only had the 283 and 327 in that year and model." "DOH!!!!"

Oh yeah, I had given him the part number first.

In the garage, my pet peeve is that little piece of whatever that gets under the wheel of the creeper and keeps it from rolling. When you finally move it, you can't see anything.

EdB (the other one)
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote