View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #8
SubBob

somery....

Quote:
Originally Posted by somery
engine vacuum always goes down before it goes back up when you accelerate...to operate the engine needs to counter earths 14.7 psi by running at 15 psi or higher. maybe you have an intake manifold or throttle body vacuum leak? see if you can get a hold of a vacuum guage and connect it to the vacuum going to the pcv valve. cap the open connection to keep dirt from sucking in notice how vacuum goes down to like 5 or something...this might be what you are feeling in idle change.....if you can't get one try spraying wd-40 around base of intake where it mates to engine block(while engine is running) and if engine runs better then drops then you got a leak? or does this not apply to non carboraters (i got a carb)
Don't believe it to be a vaccum leak. When I disconnect MAPS vaccum line the engine will immedialtey die. Also, if the TBI gasket were leaking the engine would idle fast. At least that what it did before (on this truck and an '89 i ton I own. Also, the PVC hose has blown off the TBI a couple of times when the engine has backfired when I tried to keep if from dieing after drive was engaged. When it came off the engine would idle fast till it was reconnected and then it idled down to normal.
SubBob is offline   Reply With Quote