View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 10:41 AM   #13
sactoC10
71 DELUX

Great Gosh A'mighty, seems like it could be dozens of things eh? OK, to answer some more questions.

Yes, it does restart after sitting for a few minutes, anywhere from 5-15 minutes, as if there was never a problem.

Bouncytruck, which melted plug? I only ask this because the systematic tear down of this ride has revealed at least one melted plastic wiring cover, the multi one that inserts into the A/C fan switch. Yet if there is one, then there may be another someplace, very interesting.

Emmett (Smith?-j/k), yes it is a mechanical fuel pump and I do have another one. I'm thinking that this is a fuel related matter, so maybe that's it.

Mudder67, I'll go the spark route after I go the fuel route, thanks.

Jlmtrout, will check the filter first, then the lines, then the pump. Not too much rubber there though, seem to be aluminum most of the way.

Chevymaz, won't mess with the carb for a while.

I'm really thinking that it is fuel related, whether it be a problem at the tank, big fuel filter, or up front at the pump. All the while that this has happened, it's seemed as if it is not getting fuel. I just can;t figure out how the heat or time running is making a difference. It starts up easily from cold every time.
sactoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote