View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #21
dubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10
Tim, I would personally stay with 3:73's for the fun factor!. If you really plan to do ALOT of highway driving then that's a reason to consider. If you had a torquey Big block then it might not be as noticeable, but with the current 350 the launchability will probably be felt. My 2 cents.

Yeah this truck can really launch when you dump the clutch on it and i kinda like that feeling. I am toying with the idea of a T5 tranny swap so I gain some OD and that in turn would help get the rpms down. But seeing how my budget is spent on the truck, I kinda have to wait. Just thought if the rear end swap was worth it, I would do that for the short term. The truck is mainly used for around town cruising so the 3:73's work great for that. I'll just have to decide whether all the work involved in swapping the rear end out is gonna be worth it for me right now. And seeing how the truck is going to be rolled into the sister in laws garage in 3 or 4 weeks for the winter, I may run out of time for big jobs like this. It's gonna hurt to have to put the truck away until May 2005

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote