View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
kw

Well, I'm back....

I went up today at lunch to take a peek. Funny thing was, at the price he was asking, I figured he'd had a mess of calls. I was the first and only.

Bouncytruck....are you sure we're talking about the same guy? You're way out west. I've never seen this truck advertised anywhere else. This truck is in MD.

What I did see was a totally unmolested 1972 Blazer. Well, maybe not totally. He had the Myers plow on the front, and unfortunately, as Kurt and Huck mentioned, Mother Nature has had her way with it.

My '72 came originally from Arizona, somehow migrated east to somewhere Portsmouth VA, to the best of my knowledge, then to Fredericksburg, VA, where I found it in 1992. In early 1994 it went to Kill Devil Hills NC , and five years later, after Ding Dong and I split up on New Years, carried me back to No. Va., now in So. MD.

Rocker boxes on my truck seem to be very solid except where the rockers would weld in, but that may be superficial, dunno, I'm not a body expert, maybe after blasting they'll be fine, or I can pick up a new set. The passenger side on the vehicle I looked at this afternoon had no rocker box on the passenger side, just the remnants, and a diagonal rod, but, they were 'painted black'...Gee was that Ziebarting, like the guy said?????

I've learned a lot about the Blazer I have now, and realize with the quantity of aftermarket parts available, I can make it pretty much anything I want given the time, tools and money.

So, I guess I have to ask another question. Is there any benefit in getting another Blazer, that, even though it's stock, almost perfectly stock, but rusted out as bad or worse than my modified ugly Klunker in the driveway that I've been hanging on to thru thick and thin, to salvage for non body parts, or, is it better just to get the panels, doors, tailgate, etc, thru this board and the aftermarket? Not looking for a perfectly stock show car, just a decent driver for hunting and fishing. I have two springers that love the woods.

The seller, after I've pointed out all the flaws of the vehicle, tells me the plow is worth $1000. Then he tells me he'll take no less than $3250 for the entire rig. To me that seems excessively high. While he might have a stock interior, the carpet is still shot, front drivers seat needs covering, (rest is beautiful) rear fender covering panels are stock and nice, engine purrs, plow does look nice. Also includes two extra sets of tires and wheels. Inside the glovebox still has the metallic dealer's sticker where it was bought.

Now if that crew cab that's in Laguna Beach was here, might be a different story, but I have a thing for those big ugly beasts.....once I sell the boat might be a different story.

Whatever input you can give. I'm always greatful for. Thanks. Sorry for the long post.

Kurt
(The other Kurt)
kw is offline   Reply With Quote