Thread: 68 Clip
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 03:14 AM   #6
'68OrangeSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dobson
I have all the parts to put a 68 front clip onto my 71 (fenders, radiator support, grill, hood, gravel shield etc.). The (2) brackets riveted to the frame for the radiator support bushings have larger holes on a 69-72 than the brackets on a 67-68 which is why there are different bushing kits for these trucks. Do I need to change these brackets so that the 67-68 bushings will work, or if I use 69-72 bushings will this cause fender-hood-grill alignment problems?
I have a '68 C/10. This summer we replaced the radiator support bushings after installing the re-built engine. The bushings in the kit LMC sent me had a larger diameter than my '68. I tried getting the right parts at a local muscle car shop that deals in vintage chevy truck parts. He only had the larger diameter. Since I didn't see anywhere that I could get the smaller '68 diameter bushings, I had my buddy open out the holes with a die grinder. It worked OK. If the correct vintage part is available, of course, that's a lot better.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote