View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #19
supersize75k5
the wierd guy

I have moved and have not been onthe computer muchand still have not got a new one, but progress has continued...

blasted, etched/primmered.....

I cut the front of my 71 frame off, and took the rear of a coil truck I had and joined the two, now I have a short bed frame, I also braced the frame, removed the 4 speed tranny x-member too.

update 10-14-04
The frame is now painted, cleaned, shortened ect. The fuel, brake and all steering and suspension parts are new as well. The front is a a drop spindle from early classic ent. that converts my 8 lug to a 5 on 5 lug set up. The springs a 2 inch drop springs from ricks pickup parts, the rear is a 5 inch drop spring. The rear eaton will be swapped to a 12 bolt, with a selectable or racheting locker..I dont know yet.

The motor is a fresh 454 that is now 30 over,all the alternator will be switched to a 120 amp I have and the waterpump, and power steering pump are new, as well as the cam and I had the crank turned.

The tranny is a t-400 I had rebuilt, the tq is a 1800 stall that I had but I may change that once I run the truck a couple a times and see how she does.

The big plan is to later build a 468 and try to get the truck in the low 13's...or so I hope.

and the body is still not started yet and nov 20th is the dead line.....doh

what do you guys think? Also, any thoughts on side pipes?
supersize75k5 is offline   Reply With Quote