View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 07:06 AM   #4
testerdahl

Re: 1962 C10 "Swede" - Grandpa's Old Truck

The plan is to get it running and fix it up somewhat. I'm an automotive journalist and regularly have press cars to drive and review, so I don't need a daily driver per se. But, I do need a back-up vehicle when I don't have a car. For those who are curious, Google "Tim Esterdahl" and you will find my stories on Truck Trend, Pickuptrucks.com and various outlets.

My thinking at the moment is to do a mix of a tribute and a restore. For example, I plan to keep all the dents and patina on the body preserved with a clear coat finish. Then, I'm going to paint the front and rear bumpers white again along with the grille. After I have someone weld the front bumper back into place.

Then, I'm going to really clean up the inside, reupholster the seat and clean up the engine bay while making sure everything works properly - brakes and clutch don't work currently. Also, need to address the duct tape on the radiator.

Finally, I want to buy a cool looking set of wheels and tires for it. Right now there is a variety of tires on it.

After it is all done, I plan on stenciling in "Swede" on the back glass which was his nickname. Ironically, my family origins are from Sweden, so it works both ways.
testerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote