View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #1
landarts
landarts

Never know what you will find

Went today to to look at a Custom Camper CST truck as a possible project or parts truck. After looking over it there was not a part on it that was not rusted through or destroyed. Meaning if the door was not rusted it was creased beyond repair. The 327 motor was there except one of the pistons was peeking through the bottom of the pan, the bedsides were trashed and the bed floor was dent free but was like swiss cheese with rust. Rockers, inner rockers, supports rusted through, hood hinges broken, hood trashed, dash cut etc. I decided to pass on this truck.

I then noticed as I was looking toward the fence next to the truck that there were other vehicles, lots of vehicles. I asked if he had anything else available in the 67-72 trucks, blazers or suburbans. He said yes I have few but not sure if I am ready to sell just yet. I kept listening to his story and finally he said would you like to take a peek. I said "Yes, yes sir", as we walked through the high gate to get in it was like stepping into a time warp of cars and trucks. There were over a hundred cars in this area. Almost every car was an original paint car. As we walked down the lane I saw a 58 GMC Napco CarryAll in original paint, I saw Chargers, Dusters, and other rare Mopar vehicles. Looked to the my right and saw Mustangs, Camaros, Barracudas and other classic muscle cars. Finally we got to the K20 Suburban that was loaded and talked about it a bit. Never got a number from him on it but I planted the seed of interest. Then he walked me over to a Sierra Grande that had a Med Olive original paint, bucket seats, center console, door panels all in parchment, BB engine, tach, tilt, air, automatic etc.....loaded truck. There were a few more on the property worth buying. So I repeated that I was interested and to please call me when you decide to sell.

The final thing he said to me is that the collection was his retirement and at some point he was going to sell most of it and keep a few for himself. I enjoyed the tour of the classic cars and hoped someday to get a call. Sometimes you just need to ask.

Here is a satellite image of the place I visited yesterday and I marked a few of the treasures that might be available at some point. There was a bunch to take in and this is not a public place this is in a residential neighborhood. He has been aquiring on this property since 1989.

So here is the legend for the map provided below:
  1. K20 Suburban
  2. C30 / RV camper on back
  3. Sierra Grande loaded
  4. C10
  5. C10
  6. C10
  7. C10
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer

Last edited by landarts; 03-22-2019 at 01:46 PM.
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote