View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #54
Overdriven

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
IMO if George could get an awesome sheet metal man, like Robert (MP&C), to write an estimate of what the metal repairs would cost. Present that to the insurance adjuster and work an agreed settlement with them.
Kudos to Dieselwrencher for helping out a fellow board member!

I agree with presenting the adjuster a settlement. These guys are used to being able to punch in a make and model to get not only undamaged value but also prices of parts, labor cost to install those parts and work up how much it'll cost to fix fairly quickly and easily. The adjuster wants business as usual, cut a check for you, and another for the tow and the storage fees, nice and easy.

Present them with a settlement that's easy and they'll likely bite. If Dieselwrencher is willing to store it and you can arrange transport to you that cuts down on their storage costs and makes it easier for them. Don't be wishy washy, be clear on the terms whatever they may be. Personally I'd tell them "I found a place it can be stored until I arrange transport. You pay for the tow there, cut me a check and it's case closed for you guys."

The other thing to remember is today's auto body climate with regards to collision repair on newer vehicles. More often than not panels are just replaced as labor costs to beat out a dent, then body fill, then prime costs too much. So work with him a bit and present the costs of a new fender, new grill, new bedside and the adjuster can add installation and paint to that cost. It doesn't matter if you end up buying new parts or fixing the originals the goal is to get him to cut a fair check for you and the storage fees.

Double check your transport contract as there might be some kind of contingency to get your vehicle to its destination in cases like this. Kind of doubt it though. If not get on the phone with your credit card company (I assume that's how you paid) and get them to reverse these charges. Good Luck!
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote