View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 08:27 PM   #153
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Sure can! So here is your pic, arrows are pointing towards what looks like drain provisions? Water escapes through here? Mine don't have this...

And here is what I am talking about where the cab corners meet the floor pan and they just don't match up hardly at all causing gaps to the open road...

This pic is my cab corner from the back side. I cut it in half when I installed it so it allows a really good view of how these line up and go together.

This pic I obviously have a gap I need to fill underneath where the cab corner meets the outer rocker, but even if you leave this a "normal" gap like from factory, there isn't anything sealing that up(no flange to spot weld or put seam sealer in... and so wind and road noise can enter the cab not to mention water.... I think I am going to weld that gap completely just because of that...

Oh OK I get what your talking about, that is actually for the factory jack to mount in. Some pans have it and some don't, I'm not sure why. And as far as your other pictures, I have not got to that just yet so I'm not sure what my plans are. I know that having a small weep hole is ideal in the cab corners but those look a little extreme. Is it possible to seam seal them at all?

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote