View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 09:13 AM   #60
deth_1970

one day comig home from school, as i walked up to the house, I see this damn old truck no engine, no font clip, blue and white, all kinds of parts in the bed, and my Mom and Dad digging through the, bed, i was about 13 at the time, my dad was a maintance machineist, with the theory, anything could be fixed, and saw the hidden potential in this truck, turned out to be a 71 custom camper, needless to say, I earned my GOfor status offically on that truck, we did the enigine, a nice rebuilt 350, 6 months later dropping a 327 into it, my dad blew the 350, 8 months later put another 350 into it, we ended up putting 5 engines into this truck but when it ran it would do anything, living in nothern california, go out cut wood load it down, and drive like it was empty, well the last engine we put in to her, was a buick 430, would light them tires up, big 31's on the back, lol he ended up blowing that motor also, he had a knack for blowing them up, my dad aka "lead foot", but ever since that truck i have always wanted another one, so i did, my 71,
sorry about being so long winded on this, lost my dad last year, writing this brought back alot of good memories
John
02 Gmc sierra
deth_1970 is offline   Reply With Quote