Thread: NJ Suburban
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #171
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: NJ Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdcougar View Post
I’m going to give that a try this afternoon after work. I’m afraid of what it’s going to do if I weld the top team and then bring it down in the correct location on the bottom edge. I got this patch panel when they first came out. I wonder if mine is from a bad batch.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
Just from the pics it appears the bottom pinch may be over bent which would cause it to bow out like that. If it straightens back up when you take the clamps back off I would see about manually pulling some of the bend out of the bottom bend before welding it up. You don't want it stressed while trying to weld or it will pull it even harder

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote