View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 07:09 PM   #37
j.burton50

Re: 71 cab on 79 frame

For those interested. I have reached the point that the wheelbase has become the issue. Yesterday got the alternator and mechanical water pump installed. Today, I decided to see how the front end fit. I have some issues to adjust with the front drivers side cab mount, which I don't suspect will be too much of an issue. It just isn't sitting evenly at the moment.

To the point, the radiator support mounting points are about 4.5 inches too far forward to mount the rad. Support, and the steering box wants to share the same location. As the drivers side mount would. Loosing light I have not looked much into it yet, but am considering chopping the frame rails, making my own mounts, and possibly even the rad. Support. As it has the usual battery tray cancer.

I would share pics, but there does not appear to be as much interest as I thought there may be, and because I had to have help resetting my password, apparently now I am unable to post pictures. Maybe I'll mess with it and figure something out to share. But as for now, I'm going to keep digging on ole girl as time and light allow
j.burton50 is offline   Reply With Quote