View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 01:18 PM   #92
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
Like the truck so far. Any progress lately?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! Progress has stalled...I had the engine mounted tight to the firewall but then the brake pedal would hit the exhaust. I could either move the brakes to the firewall, or redo the mounts. I chose to redo the mounts, and made some adjustable plates but haven't figured out where the engine needs to sit yet and whether or not I can re-use my old mounts. If I can't, then I need to pull the engine out, cut off the old tabs, grind away the paint, make new mounts, figure out where they'll go, etc.

In the meantime, I have a 56 GMC Suburban next to it that I was working on, just maintenance after it sat for 15 years, and then I bought a 59 because I couldn't help myself. The GMC is mostly done for now, its running and driving again but it needs a new power steering box, so we'll see.

I do need to get back to this truck though, I have so many hours in it already and I refuse to sell a project. In theory, since I have the ecu mounted and harness redone, fuel tank installed and fuel line mostly done... Once I mount this engine I can do some wiring and see if this thing is any good. It's a completely untested engine/trans, so should be interesting!

Thanks for reminding me that I need to git er done!
Attached Images

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote