View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #208
Greenlee

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

The truck is looking good! Nice work.

I have probably had my door innards apart at least half-a-dozen times if you run into problems putting it back together. I apparently had a bent regulator on the driver side. I kept taking it apart and putting it back together, but the glass was going up crooked. Finally, I tried a different regulator and everything was good. Use lots of tape along the edge. I ended up scratching my new paint. Another tip I learned was to leave the outer lower felt/trim off until after I got the glass in. That gave me more room to move the glass around to get the little wheels in their tracks. If your windows are power, buy all new switches. I had a box full of used switches thinking a couple of them had to be good, but they all had problems. I wasted a bunch of time chasing a wiring problem on the passenger side, when it was actually the driver side switch that was bad. I still don't understand the wiring that well, but I figured out that the driver side has to be working for the passenger side to work. As you can probably tell by now, I spent a bunch of time jacking with my windows to get them working!

Last edited by Greenlee; 11-22-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote