View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 02:15 AM   #71
RedBeard68

Re: Goldie gets her proper day in the sun /1968 slant nose

Hey guys thanks. Super excited how it is coming together.

CEBRA- the wheels are just rollers they have a 3.75 offset. I have some 8 inch steel rims I was going to use to keep it kinda low key hot rod with 215/65r15's they fit just inside the wheel arch. If I stay with the 15's the rear will be 15x10's with 295/50r15. I too feel the same way about it looks terrible ha.

CORNERSTONE- Thanks man found a deal on Amazon for the fuel line kit. Hope it doesnt leak. Didnt do anything with the air cleaner. I have three actually not sure which one I am going to use yet.

BROWNSVILLE- I love my long bed but I have to say these autocross guys and their short beds sure are sexy...... that being said I really like having a shop truck that can go so it will stay long bed for awhile.

Havent been able to get in the garage lately been down at the shop catching up on side jobs after the surgery. It has maybe lead to a possible change... yes I know I tell myself all the time stop changing and just finish it!!! Haha. I cant help it I started with an idea and was full steam but my buddies shop we do all kinds of stuff and I really do love the restomod styling. Also because I dont have all the money to just throw down and build it in 6 months ideas come up or horse trades. Case in point we have a 61 c10 in the shop doing a ls swap and suspension. I might sell him all my stuff so I can buy the full qa1 set up. Which means I can upgrade brakes and if I want to a set of 18's or 18/20's. I am kinda leaning towards just 18s though. Still stay long bed but a nice shop truck canyon runner.

Here some photos of what we have been doing at the side shop since no new truck updates yet. Been helping rebuild my buddies 48 chevy shop truck. Has a 6.0l/4l65E with a four link setup we built out back. 9 inch rearend 3.73's and accuair endo-cvt. Has a S10 chassis and tubular control arms. He built the truck 15 years ago and it's time for an update.

The other one is a 64 buick skylark that well kinda got out of control. We kicked in and up the frame because what is cooler than a 64buick laid out.... a 64 buick laidoutwith 335/20's in the rear and a Nelson racing's twin turbo setup....
Attached Images

RedBeard68 is offline   Reply With Quote