View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #357
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Sounds like a blast, can't wait until I actually get to do some racing with mine!

Are you running the trans cooler lines through the radiator as well, or just the derale cooler?
Just the derale cooler. I wanted the trans fluid out of the radiator. The trans and engine were fighting as I suspected. The trans wants to run 180-190 and the engine wants to run 195-210. So the engine would heat up the trans fluid and then combined with the high stall, once the fluid gets hot it keeps getting hot. So I'd routinely see trans temps over 220 and then that would heat the engine coolant up. So far, this little Derale has not had any major issues keeping up and I put at least 75 miles per day on it over the three days driving back and forth to Loveland for the show, one of those days stuck in horrible traffic. I have yet to take it to the mountains and torture test it though. So far I'm liking the setup.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote