View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #105
77dwh

Re: 89 crew cab k20 4wd twin turbo cummins swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric28miller View Post
wow i never thought i'd meet the previous owner that started it's build!
Any chance you have a title for that cab?.. Could you tell me any more about the history of this truck?? I bought it from a guy named Tom who said he bought it from craigslist..
I put an ad up on craigslist and it was sold within 24 hours. I gave the guy the title and vin I got with it. I was a junkyard build from the beginning. The truck came from Carroll originally was a 454 4 speed 4x4 srw. A friend bought for the 60 then it passed around and a few years later I got it. I had it for a couple years and decided to sell regretfully. Whatever he did with the paperwork is beyond me, he called almost a year later and said he needed new paperwork because he lost it and blah blah. I told him in the beginning its not in my name so dont lose it. The VIN was loose because I put the newer dash out of the 91 suburban in it. Since the truck had a utilty bed on for years prior owners drilled holes all over the dash and I wanted the look of the din and half stereo. The doors and front clip came of a suburban from Florida that was spotless. It had a blown motor and was south of Des Moines. I picked it up for scrap price and put the panels on the truck. The bed came from a now out of business rust free dealer in Carlisle. Just glad to see someone is going to get it going. I bought another crew cab last fall to replace it. This time its a 2wd dually that I shortened also and left a dually. Good luck with the build and will be watching for the end result.
77dwh is offline   Reply With Quote