View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #11
rechinca

Re: Scope pics of the motor, time to rebuild?

Thanks for the info guys. I should have specified a bit more. There were across several cylinders. As far as how it ran before I pulled it, it’s been sitting stationary for about 2 years! (Truck abuse and neglect I know!). As I recall, it started and ran decent but I bet I had 150 miles or less on it when ****e repair jobs by idiots made it a safety concern. Think I am going to just clean it up, new rear seal, oil pan gasket, timing chain/cover gasket and send it. I have the gaskets on hand in a trade with a friend so for that stuff I am not out money. Trans is getting new bearings and seals while it’s out.

Just to add insult to injury, found the starter had a broken ear, one bolt tight, one just laying through the bellhousing into the broken ear, and the third was missing because the bottom ear in the bellhousing was broken. Did have an almost new clutch but it was a smoked flywheel. That is at machine shop hoping to be found usable after a little grind. Just one more thing to repair.

Good news is I have a complete bellhousing attached to a 3 speed with a Hurst Indy floor shifter attached and another bellhousing with the fork attached still in my shed from a parts score last year.

Last edited by rechinca; 07-30-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Correcting a detail
rechinca is offline   Reply With Quote