View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 09:53 PM   #12
Jrainman

Re: Back Problem, Anyone Else Have This?

OK I have degen disc in lower back , neglected my on and off back pain for years , over the years I would deal with the pain ,somtimes for a few days other times for months , then about 2 years ago I woke up one day with back,hip and leg pain that was brutal ,I delt with it for about a year , the first Neroligist I went to sent me to a pain management DR after having a look at my MRI , the next 6 months I was prescribed all sorts of muscle relaxers and some other meds, the only thing that I was geting relief from was taking 1,400 mg of Ibuprophin and 1000 mg tylonol so 2400 mg total but 3 times a day ,just insane amounts but that pain was that bad ,and yea its a mircle I did not destroy my liver and kidneys , Then my Pain management doctor started me on epidoral injections in my back ,it did give me good pain relief ,but only for about 3 months , As I was getting opnions from Spine surgens as what were my options I kept doing the Epidoral injections in my spine just to get some relief untill I found the rite surgen , and after talking with and having 4 MRI s and countless xrays , with 6 diffrent Spinal surgens and all of them want to do disc removel and fusion some wanted to remove up to 3 discs , The surgen I went with felt I was a good canidate for a discectomy where he would go in and remove the degerative and swollen parts of my disc and also ream out where the nerve to my leg passes through the disc area , So I had 2 discectomy , that was 3 months ago my leg and hip pain is gone at this point I am still in PT and my back os pretty good I still have a stiff lower back but as each week passes my back is getting stronger slowly, but I feel the improvent week by week . my leg and hip pain level went from a 10 to 0 and as of rite now my back pain went from 10 to 2 and really only get back pain if I am over doing it ,pushing my self to much

Bt my surgen found other issues with my spine,after my intial exam with him, he felt I had spine issues in my neck and ordered a upper MRI and a few Xrays and found that I have 2 degen disc in my neck that are extremly bad and those have to come out and he will replace the with a cage ,plates fuse, doing that surgey in about 3 weeks . I have no pain in my neck but my fingers and hands over the years have been getting numb , the numbness started at my finger tips and now all my fingers and my palm area are constantly numb , and I drop a lot of things. its only a matter of time or jult to my upper spine that will leave me paralized in my arm and hand region.so here I go again,
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote