View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 10:46 PM   #117
gottattooz

Re: 1967 buick special wagon

No real progress on the wagon. Been fixing other projects, and to be honest, I've been at a stand still about the wheels. So my overly obsessive brain started looking at c6 corvette wheels. My friend Josh has a set on a project, and I vaguely remember putting them on and then rubbing the inner fenders well. Mathematically they fit, so I borrowed a wheel and tried again. Turns out, there's a little bump by the strut that pokes out just enough to rub the inner sidewall. I checked the passenger side first because that's where the fuel filler neck pipe runs behind the wheel, so if that rubs, there's no point. But on the driver's side, I massaged that bump with a hammer and the tire clears. Plus it's got more backspacing which gives me another 1/2 inch from the outer fender lip, which is exactly what I wanted. The tires on these wheels are 285/35r19. I'm going to run 275/40r19, which gives me another 1/4 of clearance from what you see in the pictures. The first picture is the style of rim I'm looking at for sale locally, but the guy is out of town until the 19th. Well see what happens

Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote