View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #86
hewittca

Re: Introduction, nostalgia, and '68 build, oh my

After being at my dad's house for three months, I was finally ready to test drive the truck and then bring it home this weekend! Before the test drive, however, we noticed the master cylinder was leaking pretty badly, so we replaced that and then it was good to go. This was also the first time I had the truck outside the garage with the bed on. With this better perspective, I noticed the bed was really misaligned and the front was much too high for my liking.

I had to lower the front some or else I would not be content until I was able to do drop spindles, so I ended up cutting one coil out of my front springs. The change was subtle but it brought the whole look together.

After that, I added the appropriate spacers to level out the bed and then took it for another test drive and everything felt great.

The next two things I need to do are start body work on the sides in preparation for paint, and mount my stock caps that came with the truck. The paint was flaking off quite a bit so I am going to repaint the caps in the stock '68 colors.

That's it for now.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote