View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #54
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Re: Not Bad for Spray Paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzrides View Post
if someone started a thread about using pliers and a screwdriver, you would be WOW...he did that with only those tools...not have you heard of a socket set
No, I would ask them if they needed a set and then go buy them one. I am not into using the wrong tool for the job, never have, never will. I am not busting anyones b**** as you have stated, just saying that paint/body work is no different than mechanical work. If you do the job poorly using second rate materials/parts with the wrong tools for the job, then you will pay for it later.

I am not saying that GMC did anything wrong.... just suggesting a different way of looking at things. I care about the way his truck turns out and I know from experience the best bang for the buck. I am not rich, I use my money wisely with my truck. Heck one of the reasons I learned how to do body and paint work to begin with was so I wouldn't have to pay anyone to do it for me!

Like Vintagesteel said. Do the prep yourself, take your time and then have One Day or Macco spray it. I have done several of these myself when I didn't have access to a paint area. Works OK and saves tons of $$$. Nothing wrong with suggesting that.

D

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo