View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #8
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Got some done today. Stupid me I never counted the bolts on the rear diff or honesty looked all that closely at it. It's a 12 bolt, not a 10, so that's pretty awesome. Ordered a new rear cover for it.

Painted some of the bare metal parts of the frame just to keep them from rusting, and scraped a lot of crud off the rear diff. Checked out the Trans leak as well - appears to be either the speedometer gear housing which I know is common on th350s or the rear seal where the driveshaft goes in. Also verified my pinion angle is good and there is plenty of room so the driveshaft isn't slamming into the back of the Trans.

Waiting on my pulley puller so I can swap the power steering pump and ran out of time to do the Trans dipstick, which I'm replacing purely because I trust the TCI one over the cheap chrome one. I ran out of time to do the fluid and filter change as well.

Started to measure up the hole in the dash for my switch panel as well. Going to need to do some dremel surgery. Also considering making my own sheet steel gauge panel down the road.

Dug into some of the body work too - doing minimal smoothing before paint
Posted via Mobile Device
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote