View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: Carburetor leaking fuel overflowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjburk View Post
1967 GMC C1500 1/2 Ton I6 250ci
.... when I blow through the gas intake where the hose from the fuel pump hooks up to the carb I can hardly get any air through. Since I've set the needle and seat and float to always be closed the engine will start real slow and steadily get faster as if I'm pressing the pedal until it finally starts leaking so I know it's slowly filling up with gas I just have no idea how because the float is all the way up and the needle and seat are closed but still I get way too much fuel in the carb. Does anyone know where else it could be leaking from or if I just need a new carburetor?
First, you shouldn't be able to blow even a little bit of air through unless you used pressurized air from a compressor. If you're able to blow even a slight amount, the seat and needle are not matching correctly. Seat or needle may be defective. That's why it runs and gains speed as more fuel is forced into the engine. Could be dangerous!

If you have access to a fuel pressure tester check for approximatley 4-6 psi from the pump.
I just want a vehicle that I can work on, that won't talk to me, leave error msgs or keep track of how I drive...
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote