View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #29
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

So while I let the, now short bed, sit for a while I pulled the doors into the shop. Both of them are in good shape. However they both in need of an extensive going through. Thanks to my good friend Cody Anderson I have all the replacement felts, rubber, and vent window parts. Super big thanks Cody!

I am going to tear down both doors and all the small parts. Both of them are chocked with Lubbock dust, and it has gotten every where. The lock actions, the window regulators, and the door handles are just gummed up with the stuff. This is one portion of a build that most folks don't like, but I think of it as a challenge. I will be cleaning and restoring all of the parts so they work like new. Some of it might need to be replaced, but we will cross that bridge when it comes.

One of the other things that I really like about these doors is the place where the previous owner had their business name plaque. I plan on doing something with that white area like a hot rod shop name or something like that. I'm sure that I will find something cool to do with it, but first this ride is going to have to be close to finished before I do anything with a door sign.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote