View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:03 AM   #7
66K20

Re: '66 K20 - Project Old Blue???

Thanks guys!

I installed a fresh pair of lap belts from Andover Restraints. The belts that were in the cab had seen better days. Yes, I know the interior is filthy.

Leaking radiators have always scared me since you never know when the leak might really open up. My end goal is to get the Harrison radiator refurbished, but am having a hard time finding a local shop to do the work. In the meantime, I elected to install an aluminum aftermarket radiator. I chose a Champion EC284. I removed the original rubber isolators on the 3 saddle mounts and lined the mounts with a thin closed cell foam tape I had in the shop. This allowed the radiator to fit snuggly in the mount saddles. Since the radiator is 1" taller than the original I had to create a spacer for the top mount since I did not want to modify the original top mount. There is plenty of hood clearance for the radiator and cap.

I did a test run with the new radiator with the ambient air temperature at 100°. The 'Hot' idiot light never came on! It may have been a warm evening, but the Kansas sky still did it's thing.
Attached Images