View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Project: B.A.D. 1976 K30 CCLB

My buddy has a 1984 standard cab short box with stacked frame, 3" body lift and 12" suspension lift. He has 49" Iroks and that little turd has always used the tire to get in it. I have to laugh, I saw him the 4th of July and he was telling me this story that happened to him last fall. He got a little drunk'd up and decided to go drive the purple truck. He put it in low range, mind you this thing has a healthy 468 with a tunnel ram and dual quads, a TH350 and a NP208. He put it in low range and hammered it at a street corner. He said the tires were turning and then it went pop and there was no go. So he rests it against a curb and then gets out. Steps under it and he figured he threw a drive shaft. Nope, he broke the transmission case before where the tcase bolts on to the adaptor. he goes to get back into the truck and it starts to roll. He said he felt like a circus clown trying to get in it as it started rolling down the road. He finally got in and rolled it down to his dad's place. He told me it scared the holly hell out of him and he may not do that again.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote