View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #20
Maximus

Re: My Build - 1955 2nd Series Short Bed Stepside

Continued working today, reinstalled my Griffin radiator, electric fan, fan relay, and reinstalled my 21-circuit wiring harness and began rerouting the harness. got a basic mockup done, need to wrap the relay wiring and tie it into the harness. I bought them a while ago,but I think the relay is from a company like "too cool" summit carries their parts, nice simple relay, also have an aluminum overflow tank for the radiator from the same company as the relay.

As a side note, I installed the fan switch in the radiator and it WOULD NOT come on in time, reinstalled the fan temp. switch in the intake manifold and everything worked fine. My tip... DONT use the radiator ports as a fan switch or a reliable temp. sensor... it cools too much to get an accurate reading, use either a head port or manifold port for the sensors... (most of you already know this.....)

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have the basic wiring completed, the steering column/linkage reinstalled and get moving on repairing the door hinges to rehang the doors
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote