View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #54
SCOTI

Re: Wizit's bagged 60 GMC build V2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizit247 View Post
Take a look at Kartek's site. They have the Speedway Engineering bars in solid, 0.188, and 0.250 wall in lenghts from 32" up to 39.5 in one inch increments.

$150 for the bar is about as cheap as your going to get for a quality product. They have a fair selection of arms as well including some blank aluminum bars you could have machined with some detail if you desired.
32" is my max width (outside edges of my rails). A 1.250" solid bar w/11" arms yields a rate of 609#. This leaves up/down adjustability (664 or 554# @ 1" increments @ the arm) for tuning. The same OD tubular bar would only yield a lower torsional rate.

For comparison, Ridetechs sway-bar used on their front C10 C/O app has a rating of 1020# (1.5" OD .250" wall construction).

I feel I need a larger bar as my starting spring rate is 750# or I would have to utilize shorter arms. Packaging wise, a larger bar would be better for my app. The only ones I see larger on the Speed Engineering site are the wider 'cup-car' spec bars (37" width).

I'll check out Kartek. Thanks for the lead.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote