View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #148
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

check out my fancy shop vac attachment to clean all the shavings out of the intake from that heater fitting haha. its a QT cup with some 1/2" airline in it. the vac sucked to the bottom of the cup and I wiggled the airline around in the intake. worked awesome.

trimmed the frame. I was putting this off like crazy. I trimmed it for the cab and it was perfect but forgot the fenders hang under the cab.

also took care of the fuel lines in the front. on the earlier s10 frames the fuel lines run through the frame all the way to the front crossmember and then come out pointing to the front. I could have used longer rubber lines but I was worried about them getting caught up in the belt. so I cut the frame, bent them 90 degrees where they pointed at the engine and then welded back up so the plastic clip still isolated them. I put the clamps on after this picture.

I was pretty timid about welding around all those open fuel lines so I didnt put the tank in till that was done. tanks in, plumbed, wired, exhaust is moved and in, hung with a turndown.

I may take it to the exhaust shop and have the exhaust split with some cherry bombs but honestly, I like when the truck is quiet and modern more than rumpity rump.

look at all this kitty litter.

I was doing that heater fitting last week and had to move the trans dipstick slightly to get more room. well in the true fashion of this donor I guess that is all the stress the dipstick tube could take because there was a small puddle where it was leaking. I picked up a new one and installing it was a red fountain of fun.

the dash was painted but looked like shhhhhhhhhhh-iny garbage, yeah. I wasnt looking forward to sanding it all off so I planned to take it to the local soft stripper Monday, but when I got the frame ready for the cab it was raining. so I used my cup brush and then a red roloc to smooth out all the rough stuff and put another topcoat on it. it came out GORGEOUS this time, very little blemishes and I only "signed my name" (had a run) just barely in one spot. I have some 2000 grit so I can fix that.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote