View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
benoit454
Chris

Re: My 88 buildup on a tight budget

and more....

The truck had been wrecked when my uncle had it. He put in a new grille, lights, bumper, and DS fender, paintjob turned out bad. I'm going to repaint the fender, and realign the fender, and front bumper. Also going to change hoods later.

I've done some interior work also, cd player, going to do all new 4x6's soon, got subs and an amp to go in as soon as I build my sub box. I have done a new seat cover, some black carpet, black on the door panels, going to do it all black probably spring. It was saddle/gold factory and a PO turned it red, and looked bad.

Stilll have to get some door panel and carpet pics.

Now some engine back together pics, after rebuild.

I had a th350 already built for another 4x4 we had, it has a shift kit and everything new in it so I ditched the 700r4 for it. I put everything new in the motor, crank was good still standard size, no turning needed. I put in new oil pump, cam, lifters, timing set, gaskets and valve job, new distributor, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and coil. Had to do a new battery and wire to the junction block. I also done a new fuel filter at time of rebuild. I removed the smog pump and air tubes, have to put on some headers soon as well. We had that hood scoop laying around too, I threw it on for now to be different, not sure if I like it alot or just a lil bit, gonna be changed anyways.

More to come so stay tuned

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote